Stay On Schedule with IT Project Management
When it’s time to make some major changes or improvements in your business, it’s easy to lose sight of the fact that deciding to do it – and getting it done – are two very different things.
IT projects are just plain hard. They have the typical challenges: deadlines, budget constraints and insufficient resources. But they also face unique technology challenges:
- Hardware, software, network or database issues
- Security requirements
- Interoperability issues
You may have the expertise in-house to do a major IT implementation, but getting the job done right, on time, and on budget, requires specific project management skills.
Project Management Keeps All the Moving Parts in Sync
Besides the purely technical aspects of an IT project such as a network upgrade, there are also important organizational things you must consider to ensure success in the project:
- Planning – There will be hundreds of steps to completing the project. Some steps can be done concurrently, and some depend on the timely completion of previous steps.
- Sourcing – Good planning ensures that the hardware, software and technical talent are where they need to be, when they need to be there.
- Time Management – A complicated project requires exquisite timing and constant follow-up to have all the steps meet planned project milestones, and adjust quickly if issues arise.
Clare Computer Solutions has managed hundreds of IT Projects. Our depth of experience enables us to provide accurate planning, plus excellent resource and time management. This means your project is done right the first time – on time, and on budget.
Contact us today to discuss your project!
- Exchange migration projects
- Server upgrade projects
- Office move projects
- Office365 migration/implementation projects
- Server consolidation/virtualization projects
- Terminal server projects
- Wireless network installation projects